List of Criteria
The funds of the ERBACHER Foundation are preferably distributed to the following projects:
(prerequisite is the conformity of the project with the purpose of the foundation)
- Projects from congregations or small to medium-sized organizations and associations who run or support projects of development aid thanks to the belief and enthusiasm of members with expert knowledge.
- Projects following the principle of “help for self-help”.
- Projects personally familiar to the members of the Erbacher family or the decision-making body (trust is an important criterion).
- Projects that appear worth supporting to us but cannot be supported by bigger relief organizations.
- Projects that have transparent and clear financing plans.
- Projects whose financing plans promises a good cost-benefit-ratio.
- Projects whose financing does not solely depend on the ERBACHER Foundation but whose financing is also safeguarded
through other investors as well as personal contributions (also non-monetary involvement of the local people).
- Projects, whose consequential costs – in case they should result – are already considered ahead of time within the financing plan.
- Projects that are completely or for the most part under responsibility and/or with cooperation of the local people. This needs to be the objective at least.
- Projects benefitting an individual are only worthy of our foundation’s support in case of a transfer of knowledge (Purpose of the foundation 4c). A project should normally benefit a whole group of people.
Projects with respect to science and research that contribute to rural development (student’s projects as well).